VAT Filing in UAE is a proccess to submit an official document by companies and individuals to the Federal Tax Authority with the aim of informing the tax authorities of information related to commercial activities, revenues, expenses and taxes due.
Every taxable person has to file their VAT return, data, information, records, and tax documents that to FTA, written in or translated into Arabic, however FTA has the right to accept the information required in other languages, provided that the taxable person is obligated to provide FTA with a copy of the tax return translated into Arabic in If requested, bear the expenses and responsibilities, and its purpose is to determine the company’s tax liability.
Who has to do VAT filing in UAE?
All businesses registered for VAT in the United Arab Emirates are required to file their VAT returns through the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) portal. It means the following companies must file their VAT on time:
- Companies that exceed UAE VAT threshold.
- Companies they do the voluntary registration for VAT with the Federal Tax Authority.
- The tax groups– Since a tax group is registered as a single entity, it is only given one VAT registration number. A tax group needs to file a single return detailing all of the goods and purchases the group members have made. Each tax group must designate a member to serve as their representative.
- Enterprises located outside of the UAE that supply taxable goods inside the UAE.
Read More: VAT Filing In UAE: FAQs
Documents Required for VAT Return Filing in UAE
The following documents must be prepared and submitted
- Financial Statements: The company’s annual financial statements must be provided, including income, balance, and cash flow statements.
- Sales and Purchases Records: Detailed sales and purchase records must be provided that show the business operations and financial transactions of the company.
- Invoices and Financial Records: Invoices and other financial records related to business activities, such as purchase and sale invoices, utility invoices, and other revenues, must be provided.
- Contracts and Agreements: If the company has made any deals or contracts, the relevant contracts and agreements must be provided.
- Other Tax Reports and Documents: Any other relevant tax reports or documents, such as pre-paid tax reports, refunds and other transactions, must be provided.
- Details of economic activities: Accurate details must be provided about the company’s economic activities, including the industry, services provided, products, customers and suppliers.
Remember that this list may vary depending on the nature and size of the company and specific tax requirements. It may seem like an easy process to you, but in reality it may be a bit complicated for a customer who is not an expert in tax procedures.
VAT Return Filing Due Date in UAE
Companies must file VAT returns on a monthly or quarterly basis, depending on the annual volume of sales and purchases.
The acknowledgment must be included See the financial details of sales and purchases, the tax due, and the tax paid and refunded. VAT Return Filing Due Date in UAE within 28 days from the end of the tax period. Otherwise penalties and fines will be incurred on your buiness for late VAT payments or late VAT filing.
You must also keep records for 5 years and cooperate with the Federal Tax Authority in the event of a tax audit.
Therefor, to ensure a seamless filing procedure, remember to put these dates on your calendar and make advance plans. Or contact the best VAT consultants in the UAE (VAT Registration UAE). Our experts can be ensure smooth VAT filing on time and avoid penalties and fines. Please send us your inquiry via this page.
VAT Return Filing Format in UAE
The user guide issued by the Federal Tax Authority contains the VAT 201 – VAT Returns form Click here.
VAT return is submitted based on the tax laws and legislation in force in the United Arab Emirates, and this must be done within the specified time limit to avoid late fines or penalties. Any incomplete tax return submitted to FTA is not accepted by it if it does not include the basic data specified by the tax law. Therefor, ensure to iclude the following data in you VAT return
- Information about the company or individual filing the return, such as name, address, and tax registration number.
- Details of business activities, including sales, purchases and expenses.
- Revenues collected and expenses consumed during the relevant financial period.
- Tax accounts payable and tax advance payments.
- Other financial details related to the company or individual, such as salaries, wages, investments, and assets.
How to File VAT Return in UAE Step By Step in FTA Portal
VAT Return filing in UAE can be done by doing the following 11 steps:
- Navigate to FTA Portal↗.
- fill your login details [Email + Password + Secutity Code]
- In Home Page you will find [Taxable Person List] ➡ Click on [View] on the Taxable Person Profile that you want file the return for.
- Navigate to [My Filings] and click [View All]
- Select the filing and click on [File]
- Download [VAT Return Templates.xlsx].
- Fill the required data in the downloaded file.
- Upload the file again to FTA Portal.
- Click on [Submit]
- The registered Email Address will recieve an Email from FTA to inform that the VAT return has been successfuly submitted
- Lastly, making the payment: In the last step, you must use the portal to electronically pay the relevant VAT after submitting the return. There are numerous ways to pay, such as: Online credit/debit card banking and Electronic wallets.
Might you need: Documents Required For VAT Return Filing In UAE
Is It Possible to Amend VAT Return After Filing it?
The process of amending a tax return varies according to the tax system and laws in force in the United Arab Emirates, as there are specific procedures that need to be followed. The amendment process usually requires submitting the appropriate vat return amendment form and explaining the reasons and details regarding the amendment.
The amendment must be submitted before the end of the time limit specified for submitting the original tax return. If the amendment is accepted by the tax authorities, the original tax return will be replaced by the amended return.
It is important that any amendment to the tax return is supported by documents and financial records supporting the amendments made, and that it conforms to applicable tax standards and laws.
Following the abovementioned steps and adhering to best practices, you can ensure accurate and timely VAT filing in UAE, minimize compliance risks, and maintain good standing with the FTA. “VAT Registration UAE” based in Dubai, is a tax firm providing expert tax advice to businesses. They can always be approached for any concerns related to VAT filing. The tax consultants in the UAE empanelled with VAT registration UAE are experts in their field and know all the ins and outs of the VAT system in the UAE. For further assistance or help in filing, consult VAT consultants in the UAE. Click here to book a consultation.