Corporate tax in UAE has been effective from June 1st, 2023. As per the rules laid down by the Federal Tax Authority, businesses that have revenue above the threshold value are required to register for corporate tax or business tax in the UAE. In this article, we will give you step-by-step guidance on how to register your business for corporate tax and how TAX Registration UAE can help you get your business registered as per the Federal Tax Authority guidelines. Therefore, it is advisable for businesses to seek the expert services of Tax Consultants in UAE to ensure compliance upon business tax registration.
The Procedure for Business Tax Registration in UAE
Below is a step-by-step guide to registering for corporate tax in UAE:
- Creating an account on the Emaratax Portal: The first step involves logging on to the Emaratax portal (eservices.tax.gov.ae). If you do not have an account yet on this site, one can be created by using the sign-up button and creating your account. The Emaratax portal is also accessible using the UAE Pass.
- Once logged in, the portal will show a list of taxable individuals. If there are none showing, then you have to create one. To create a new taxable person, the profile name has to be entered in English and Arabic, and the preferred language has to be entered. After selecting the channel of communication, you have to click on “Create”.
- Next, you have to select the taxable person and click on “view” to open the dashboard.
- Now you need to click on the corporate tax section for the taxable person on his dashboard.
- A set of guidelines and instructions will be displayed here. You need to select the guidelines and instructions by marking the checkbox. Then click on the “start” button to initiate the business tax registration process.
- Next, add all the details being asked for in the portal. Some details would be refilled for VAT-registered businesses. Furnish the details in this section and click on the “Next step” button.
- The next step involves filling in the identification and authorized signatory details. Also, you need to upload the relevant documents, like Emirates ID, passport, MoA, and proof of authorization. Then you need to move to the declaration section.
- In the review and declaration section, you must review the application carefully and sign the declaration confirming that all the information given is true.
- Lastly, submit the application for business tax registration by clicking on the submit button.
The Federal Tax Authority will review your application and either reject it or accept it. It might return the application and ask to resubmit it if there is any missing information.
Essential Dates for Business Tax Registration in the UAE
Taxable Persons will have time until the date of filing the first tax return to register themselves. This means that an entity having its year ending on May 31 has a time of 26 months (till February 28, 2025), while those having their year ending on December 31 have 33 months (till September 30, 2025). The Federal Tax Authority has also issued a user manual that gives all the details regarding the registration process for business tax in UAE.